cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Partitioning of output array gives garbage in output.

I have an IP in HLS with an array as output and I need to partition it to smaller pieces so i can use the block RAM controllers in the IP integrator to make the complete system. The array is defined as an argument in the top function and written within in a typical for loop.

The problem is that when I use the array partition directive, the RTL co-simulation gives wrong results, while without the directive the simulation is correct. With the partinioning the simulation give garbage numbers in the output.

Is this a known bug or is the sth wrong with the code? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is very likely a bug in C/RTL cosim. Have you tried it in 2013.3? Would it be possible to provide a testcase? PM me if nedded.

@adanathel wrote:

I have an IP in HLS with an array as output and I need to partition it to smaller pieces so i can use the block RAM controllers in the IP integrator to make the complete system. The array is defined as an argument in the top function and written within in a typical for loop.

The problem is that when I use the array partition directive, the RTL co-simulation gives wrong results, while without the directive the simulation is correct. With the partinioning the simulation give garbage numbers in the output.

Is this a known bug or is the sth wrong with the code? 

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have not tried in 2013.3 since i have an issue with the simulation (other post here that youi replied to if i can remember). I will try it if i sovle that one first.

0 Kudos