UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor feng86
Visitor

Run C/RTL co-simulation failed

Jump to solution

Hi,

Run C simulation and C synthesis is OK. But when I run C/RTL co-simulation encountered with the following errors.

Generating cosim.tv.exe
In file included from apatb_wavelet.cpp:18:0:
D:/Xilinx/Vivado_HLS/2015.4/include/ap_stream.h:70:2: warning: #warning AP_STREAM macros are deprecated. Please use hls::stream<> from "hls_stream.h" instead. [-Wcpp]
In file included from D:/Xilinx/Vivado_HLS/2015.4/include/floating_point_v7_0_bitacc_cmodel.h:143:0,
from D:/Xilinx/Vivado_HLS/2015.4/include/hls_half.h:40,
from apatb_wavelet.cpp:20:
D:/Xilinx/Vivado_HLS/2015.4/include/gmp.h:62:0: warning: "__GMP_LIBGMP_DLL" redefined [enabled by default]
D:/Xilinx/Vivado_HLS/2015.4/include/floating_point_v7_0_bitacc_cmodel.h:135:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
obj/apatb_wavelet.o: In function `wavelet':
D:\Test\wavelet\solution3\sim\wrapc/apatb_wavelet.cpp:697: undefined reference to `AESL_ORIG_DUT_wavelet'
obj/main.c_pre.c.tb.o: In function `main':
D:/Test/wavelet/solution3/sim/wrapc/apcc_db/main.c_pre.c.tb.c:567: undefined reference to `wavelet(double*, double*, int*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cosim.tv.exe] Error 1
@E [SIM-317] C++ compile error.
@E [SIM-321] EXE file generate failed.
@E [SIM-321] EXE file generate failed.
@E [SIM-331] Aborting co-simulation: C simulation failed, compilation errors.
@E [SIM-4] *** C/RTL co-simulation finished: FAIL ***
command 'ap_source' returned error code
while executing
"source D:/Test/wavelet/solution3/cosim.tcl"
invoked from within
"hls::main D:/Test/wavelet/solution3/cosim.tcl"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel 1 hls::main {*}$args"
(procedure "hls_proc" line 5)
invoked from within
"hls_proc $argv"

Anyone know how to fix it? Please help me! Thanks! 

I've attached the protject files.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor feng86
Visitor

Re: Run C/RTL co-simulation failed

Jump to solution

Thanks for your suggestion.

Maybe I found where is the problem. I have installed MinGW compiler and the file of MinGW compiler automatically added into "Includes" .When I recovery my computer to the status before install MinGW compiler, then the C/RTL co-simulation passed. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi @feng86

your script / project includes the file main.c as source file for the files to synthesize; however it is your TB.

could that be the issue?

i tested your source files as-is with 2015.3 (not .4 yet .. i have a small harddrive ... ) the same cosim issue doesn't happen but it seems it gets stuck.

i cannot do more than that at the moment; EDIT : maybe you could try tp start the project from fresh as well?

Also i think you should put the "source" directory outside the VHLS project diretory in case it is reset or deleted

- Hervé

SIGNATURE:
* New Dedicated Vivado HLS forums* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/bd-p/hls
* Readme/Guidance* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

* Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
* Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor feng86
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your suggestion.

Maybe I found where is the problem. I have installed MinGW compiler and the file of MinGW compiler automatically added into "Includes" .When I recovery my computer to the status before install MinGW compiler, then the C/RTL co-simulation passed. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
I just met the same problem with you. After trying your way and uninstalling minGW , I have solved this problem. Thank you!
0 Kudos