UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor antoinevg
Visitor

Solved: Cannot create new Project or additional Solutions with Vivado HLS 2018.1

Jump to solution

An incredibly frustrating day trying to follow both the "Zynq Book" and the official Xilinx HLS tutorials...

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Vivado HLS 2018.1
  2. Click "Create New Project"
  3. Set Project Name and click "Next"
  4. Add a design file and click "Next"
  5. Add a TestBench file and click "Next"

Expected Outcome:

The device selection dialog should appear

Actual Outcome:

Nothing happens. The dialog stays on the Add/Remove TestBench Files dialog.

No warnings, no errors and no logs. Nada.

Environment:

Using a Zybo 7020 board.

Tested on Windows 10 and RedHat Linux. Same behaviour observed on both.

Notes:

If I choose the "Open Example Project" a project is created and I can open it, Run C sim and synth. But here the "Create new solution" button does not work. Absolutely nothing happens when I click it. No warnings, no errors and no log messages. Nada.

Also, if I create a project using tcl scripts things work fine - can run C sim and synth but also have the same issue with the "Create new solution" button not working.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor antoinevg
Visitor

Re: Cannot create new Project or additional Solutions with Vivado HLS 2018.1

Jump to solution

Solution:

* Start Vivado Installer

* Select _all_ installable components irrespective of whether they are required for your development hardware or not.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Visitor antoinevg
Visitor

Jump to solution

Solution:

* Start Vivado Installer

* Select _all_ installable components irrespective of whether they are required for your development hardware or not.

View solution in original post

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the solution!

Highlighted
Observer joaragj
Observer

Re: Solved: Cannot create new Project or additional Solutions with Vivado HLS 2018.1

Jump to solution

Care to share any insight in why we have to install all components? If there isn't any real reason, then are there any plans to fix this bug? The amount of space required to install all components is ridiculous and at least in the case of my computer not possible at all.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Solved: Cannot create new Project or additional Solutions with Vivado HLS 2018.1

Jump to solution

Ditto on this, I had to install the entire device library set to create an HLS project.

However I notice that the default part for a newly created project is: xa7a12tcsg325-1q

If Create Project fails because this default device is missing, then it may be only the Artix 7 device family has to be added.

I didn't feel like uninstalling everything and then re-installing just the Artix 7 to see if this is true.

However anyone with limited disk space may wish to try only installing Artix 7 and see if it will work after that.

Jump to solution

I had the same problem.  I found that only the Artix 7 device family has to be added... at a cost of about 500mb of disk.  I suspect that lander60654's observation is correct.

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Same  problem with SDx 2018.2. I can not create new Vivado-HLS projects

I had installed only Zynq and Zynq US.

Same solution as proposed hear. Add artix support and creates new project!

Regads, GS

0 Kudos
Observer redgatorsmp
Observer

Jump to solution

This is apparently a problem with 2018.2 as well. I installed the product minimizing the number of device models, and that looks to be toxic. Went to the "Add Design Tools or Devices" and included EVERYTHING and when I came back to this step I could get [Next] to actually progress to the next step.

0 Kudos
Observer redgatorsmp
Observer

Jump to solution

And I have been able to proceed with the tutorial...

0 Kudos