UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer enricodeiana
Observer

Using clock signal in Vivado HLS

Jump to solution

Hello!

I'd like to use the clock signal in my IP design but I didn't find how to do that on the Vivado HLS guide or tutorial.

I am designing a very simple IP that simulates a generic sensor. It simply outputs some 32 bit data (embedded in the core into an array) through its AXI4-Stream 32 bit output port.

Since I want to control the time interval between two output data I was thinking to use the clock signal in order to output a datum every 10 or 100 or whatever clock cycles.

But I cannot find a way to use the default clock signal that, I believe, is present in every Vivado HLS IP design.

Does anybody know how to do that?

Thank you,

Enrico

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer enricodeiana
Observer

Re: Using clock signal in Vivado HLS

Jump to solution

Hi,

the post http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/How-to-create-two-clocks-one-for-ctrl-signal-other-one-for-data/td-p/440128 isn't really what I was looking for.

Anyway, it seems that there is no way to have access to the clock signal in Vivado HLS if you're writing your IP in C or C++, but you can if you use systemC.

Enrico

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,
Check if this helps.
http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/How-to-create-two-clocks-one-for-ctrl-signal-other-one-for-data/td-p/440128
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@enricodeiana Do you still have any questions on this topic. If not, then please close the topic as Solved and mark the post which helped you as an "Accepted Solution".

Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer enricodeiana
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi,

the post http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/How-to-create-two-clocks-one-for-ctrl-signal-other-one-for-data/td-p/440128 isn't really what I was looking for.

Anyway, it seems that there is no way to have access to the clock signal in Vivado HLS if you're writing your IP in C or C++, but you can if you use systemC.

Enrico

View solution in original post

0 Kudos