cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yxwwwwxy2
Visitor
Visitor

Using the same memory address on an AXI slave port for both read and write commands

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering whether it is possible to create a block with an AXI slave port that can give different values when PS read or write the same address. For example,

• When PS write at 0xA0000000, pass it to a internal counter as an initial value
  • Update the counter on the rising edge of clk signal
  • When PS read at 0xA0000000, return the updated counter value

Obviously this problem can be solved if I create another AXI slave port and use a different address for the read command. I'm just curious whether it can be achieved in HLS.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

Sort of. HLS refuses (at least in my experience - I'm still on 2016.2) to create a read-write register on the AXI Lite interface; instead a register that should be read-write ends up as a read port and a separate write port. However, if you make it a RAM instead (a two element RAM is fine - when I tried it, one element wasn't enough) then each address is full read-write.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

Sort of. HLS refuses (at least in my experience - I'm still on 2016.2) to create a read-write register on the AXI Lite interface; instead a register that should be read-write ends up as a read port and a separate write port. However, if you make it a RAM instead (a two element RAM is fine - when I tried it, one element wasn't enough) then each address is full read-write.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos