Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikhil_Thapa
Explorer
Explorer

Vitis HLS 2020.2 Testbench Problem

Hello,

I am working on Vitis HLS. I have also followed all documents to migrate from Vivado HLS into Vitis HLS and also installed and configured OpenCV library successfully. Even after fulfilling everything, I am having problem with HLS code. Same code works on other older Vivado HLS but does not work on Vitis HLS. I am getting error while running c-simulation. I am getting following error,

"error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'hls::stream<ap_axis<24, 1, 1, 1> >&' from expression of type 'hls::stream<ap_axiu<24, 1, 1, 1> >'"

I have attached all the HLS code below. Can somebody help to figure out the issue?

If you check test bench, what I do not understand is; 

Vitis does not point any error in this line, cvMat2AXIvideoxf<24, XF_NPPC1>(src, stream_in);. This looks correct, because, when I look function definition in xf_axi.h, it expects Width and NPC.

On the other hand,  when I write this line, AXIvideo2cvMatxf<24, XF_NPPC1>(stream_out, dst);, vitis shows error.

In meantime, I look function definition in xf_axi.h, it also expects Width and NPC. but vitis still points error. So that, I removed <24, XF_NPPC1> and it goes fine.

Is this correct or not?

Thanks and Regards,

nikhil@logictronix.com
:::::Do not forget to Accept as solution, give Kudo and Share a post that you think is helpful:::::
0 Kudos
1 Reply
p27803
Contributor
Contributor

I believe the problem is not the width values but instead the following highlighted types:

"error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'hls::stream<ap_axis<24, 1, 1, 1> >&' from expression of type 'hls::stream<ap_axiu<24, 1, 1, 1> >'"

0 Kudos