Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2019.2 install on Linux

Jump to solution

HI,

Yesterday I tried to install the new Vivado 2019.2 tools on my Fedora 28/64 (kernel 4.18), which worked ok, though unfortunately I couldn't put downloads in a self chosen directory (on another partition/drive), and vivado runs ok, can finish a simple example bit file compile.

However vivado_hls crashes at startup, immedeately! See this log:

$ vivado_hls

****** Vivado(TM) HLS - High-Level Synthesis from C, C++ and SystemC v2019.2 (64-bit)
**** SW Build 2708876 on Wed Nov 6 21:39:14 MST 2019
**** IP Build 2700528 on Thu Nov 7 00:09:20 MST 2019
** Copyright 1986-2019 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

couldn't load file "librdi_hlstasks.so": /Xilinx2/Vivado/2019.2/lib/lnx64.o/libhls_main.so: file too short
Could not load library 'librdi_hlstasks' needed by 'hls', please check installation.
while executing
"error "$result\nCould not load library '$library' needed by '$feature', please check installation.""
(procedure "rdi::load_library" line 4)
invoked from within
"rdi::load_library "hls" librdi_hlstasks"
(file "/Xilinx2/Vivado/2019.2/lib/scripts/rdi/products/vivado_hls.tcl" line 3)
INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting vivado_hls at Thu Nov 28 13:01:45 2019...

I have no idea why that is except the indicated file is indeed 0 (zero) bytes long. I've used this installer:

Xilinx_Unified_2019.2_1106_2127_Lin64.bin

Of which the md5 sum checks out with the xilinx web site.

Surwely, there must have been more people with this problem..

Regards,

Theo Verelst

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your replies, and indeed I hadn't checked out what happened on the actual machine and the Linux, because usually that's a very reliable machine. I had been tinkering with a USB satellite box which created kernel oops, probably because of a cable problem, and probably that caused an install error. Needless to say I felt sorry about that, but at least dealing with the obvious possible sources was a good suggestion in this case!

I've run these tools since early ISE also on Fedora, hasn't ever been a real problem, so I was worried but vivado and vivado_hls after a reinstall and the monthly reboot of my server I put this on start up fine.

I now tried C compile, co-simulate, export hdl, design analysis view and reading in of a checkpoint in vivado of the "black box" example (hoping ofr a reconfigurability part) and it reports everything just fine!

Theo V.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @theover 

I'm not sure. But I suggest you to make sure the followings.

- Status of your storage device.

=> It might be broken.

- Whether suitable setting for SELinux or not, if SELinux is enable.

- Disk space

- Try to reinstall without optimize disk space option.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @theover ,

Can you check if you see the librdi_hlstasks.so file at the directory at the location <install_path>/Vivado/2019.2/lib/lnx64.o/libhls_main.so ?

If there is no file present in that directory then I think this might be because of corrupt install.

Also, install/usage of Vivado/Vivado HLS on Fedora machine is not supported. Please check page 8 of UG 973  regarding the supported OS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your replies, and indeed I hadn't checked out what happened on the actual machine and the Linux, because usually that's a very reliable machine. I had been tinkering with a USB satellite box which created kernel oops, probably because of a cable problem, and probably that caused an install error. Needless to say I felt sorry about that, but at least dealing with the obvious possible sources was a good suggestion in this case!

I've run these tools since early ISE also on Fedora, hasn't ever been a real problem, so I was worried but vivado and vivado_hls after a reinstall and the monthly reboot of my server I put this on start up fine.

I now tried C compile, co-simulate, export hdl, design analysis view and reading in of a checkpoint in vivado of the "black box" example (hoping ofr a reconfigurability part) and it reports everything just fine!

Theo V.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos