UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor theover
Visitor

Vivado 2019.2 install on Linux

Jump to solution

HI,

Yesterday I tried to install the new Vivado 2019.2 tools on my Fedora 28/64 (kernel 4.18), which worked ok, though unfortunately I couldn't put downloads in a self chosen directory (on another partition/drive), and vivado runs ok, can finish a simple example bit file compile.

However vivado_hls crashes at startup, immedeately! See this log:

$ vivado_hls

****** Vivado(TM) HLS - High-Level Synthesis from C, C++ and SystemC v2019.2 (64-bit)
**** SW Build 2708876 on Wed Nov 6 21:39:14 MST 2019
**** IP Build 2700528 on Thu Nov 7 00:09:20 MST 2019
** Copyright 1986-2019 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

couldn't load file "librdi_hlstasks.so": /Xilinx2/Vivado/2019.2/lib/lnx64.o/libhls_main.so: file too short
Could not load library 'librdi_hlstasks' needed by 'hls', please check installation.
while executing
"error "$result\nCould not load library '$library' needed by '$feature', please check installation.""
(procedure "rdi::load_library" line 4)
invoked from within
"rdi::load_library "hls" librdi_hlstasks"
(file "/Xilinx2/Vivado/2019.2/lib/scripts/rdi/products/vivado_hls.tcl" line 3)
INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting vivado_hls at Thu Nov 28 13:01:45 2019...

I have no idea why that is except the indicated file is indeed 0 (zero) bytes long. I've used this installer:

Xilinx_Unified_2019.2_1106_2127_Lin64.bin

Of which the md5 sum checks out with the xilinx web site.

Surwely, there must have been more people with this problem..

Regards,

Theo Verelst

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor theover
Visitor

Re: Vivado 2019.2 install on Linux

Jump to solution

Thanks for your replies, and indeed I hadn't checked out what happened on the actual machine and the Linux, because usually that's a very reliable machine. I had been tinkering with a USB satellite box which created kernel oops, probably because of a cable problem, and probably that caused an install error. Needless to say I felt sorry about that, but at least dealing with the obvious possible sources was a good suggestion in this case!

I've run these tools since early ISE also on Fedora, hasn't ever been a real problem, so I was worried but vivado and vivado_hls after a reinstall and the monthly reboot of my server I put this on start up fine.

I now tried C compile, co-simulate, export hdl, design analysis view and reading in of a checkpoint in vivado of the "black box" example (hoping ofr a reconfigurability part) and it reports everything just fine!

Theo V.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mentor watari
Mentor

Jump to solution

Hi @theover 

I'm not sure. But I suggest you to make sure the followings.

- Status of your storage device.

=> It might be broken.

- Whether suitable setting for SELinux or not, if SELinux is enable.

- Disk space

- Try to reinstall without optimize disk space option.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @theover ,

Can you check if you see the librdi_hlstasks.so file at the directory at the location <install_path>/Vivado/2019.2/lib/lnx64.o/libhls_main.so ?

If there is no file present in that directory then I think this might be because of corrupt install.

Also, install/usage of Vivado/Vivado HLS on Fedora machine is not supported. Please check page 8 of UG 973  regarding the supported OS.

0 Kudos
Visitor theover
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your replies, and indeed I hadn't checked out what happened on the actual machine and the Linux, because usually that's a very reliable machine. I had been tinkering with a USB satellite box which created kernel oops, probably because of a cable problem, and probably that caused an install error. Needless to say I felt sorry about that, but at least dealing with the obvious possible sources was a good suggestion in this case!

I've run these tools since early ISE also on Fedora, hasn't ever been a real problem, so I was worried but vivado and vivado_hls after a reinstall and the monthly reboot of my server I put this on start up fine.

I now tried C compile, co-simulate, export hdl, design analysis view and reading in of a checkpoint in vivado of the "black box" example (hoping ofr a reconfigurability part) and it reports everything just fine!

Theo V.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos