Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pswetalina
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado HLS BRAM and ap_memory usage.

Jump to solution

Hi.

I have an IP created in Vivado HLS for a simple module which takes in arrays as input arguments. Now I use the "ap_memory" interface and "1-Port BRAM" resource directive for the arrays. I used this IP to integrate with the Zynq processing System in Vivado and make all the connections. The thing is I do not have a BRAM in my block design. But still all my values are getting written and processed.

Where is it stored then if I do not have a memory generator block in my design?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
debrajr
Have you checked the generated RTL(VHDL/Verilog) files in HLS after Csynth. That would give you a clue!
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
debrajr
Have you checked the generated RTL(VHDL/Verilog) files in HLS after Csynth. That would give you a clue!
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
pswetalina
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

I want to connect my IP to an external BRAM. I have 5 arrays as input arguments. Is it possible to bundle all the input ports to a single input port and connect it to an external BRAM in Vivado. 

There are tutorials lacking on BRAM usage for both Vivado 2014.2 and Vivado HLS. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
debrajr
Even if you bundle, how are you planning to drive them in your design?
Regards,
Debraj

0 Kudos