Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Vivado HLS basic constructs

Jump to solution

I have good command over verilog and I want to use Vivado for some designs but it supports C/C++. Can somebody suggest me how to write a HLS supported synthesizable C/C++ code along with a test bench. I have tried a program to for C=A+B and used printf for output display, but it is not working, also when to include .h file and how to write .h file  for a design. Suggest a basic coding construct.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Vivado HLS basic constructs

Jump to solution

If you are familiar at C/C++, I suggest you reading UG871 for understaing the tool and pp4fpga for understanding hls. If something is not working then please do post here about its detail.

Header file generally consists of function declarations, constants, data type definitions and we use it whenever required. This saves lot of coding in muliple file programs. There are many good resources like this one to get you started with writing header files.

Feel free to accept as solution if it solves your issue.

Regards,
jagannath@logictronix.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

If you are familiar at C/C++, I suggest you reading UG871 for understaing the tool and pp4fpga for understanding hls. If something is not working then please do post here about its detail.

Header file generally consists of function declarations, constants, data type definitions and we use it whenever required. This saves lot of coding in muliple file programs. There are many good resources like this one to get you started with writing header files.

Feel free to accept as solution if it solves your issue.

Regards,
jagannath@logictronix.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion,

Can you tell me how to check output at terminal because Printf is not working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

None of the system calls (like printf, fopen, etc) are synthesizable - because the FPGA has no clear input/output. You would need to create your own interface (eg. using an AXI Master to drive an AXI UART 16550) before that'd work.