UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor igorkarkanuf
Visitor

Vivado HLS test bench with Vivado

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm new to vivado HLS and for my studies I have to implement a somthing on FPGA. However, to test my design, I need to generate sinus and i have to read data from file, which seems pretty complicated for the test bench on HLS. I though maybe it would be easier if I exported my function created on HLS to vivavo and create a test bench directly on vivado. It is possible to do it or it will be more complicated ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher xilinxacct
Teacher

Re: Vivado HLS test bench with Vivado

Jump to solution

@igorkarkanuf 

For your class, are you allowed to write your FPGA logic in C/C++ or are you suppose to use VHDL/Verilog?

If C/C++ is allowed for the FPGA logic, I would stay in HLS for everything. (e.g. logic and test bench)

If you must use an HDL language for the FPGA logic, I would just use Vivado (Not Vivado HLS).

Hope that Helps
If so, Please mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

4 Replies
Teacher xilinxacct
Teacher

Jump to solution

@igorkarkanuf 

For your class, are you allowed to write your FPGA logic in C/C++ or are you suppose to use VHDL/Verilog?

If C/C++ is allowed for the FPGA logic, I would stay in HLS for everything. (e.g. logic and test bench)

If you must use an HDL language for the FPGA logic, I would just use Vivado (Not Vivado HLS).

Hope that Helps

Visitor igorkarkanuf
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your fast reply.

Initially my teacher told me to use HLS to create the main function. Then another teacher told me to test my function with a test bench in Vivado.

I am now confused because I wasn't certain if I could mix the two codes together.

0 Kudos
Teacher xilinxacct
Teacher

Jump to solution

@igorkarkanuf 

Their directions 'could' be considered a little ambiguous... In some sense, Vivado 'could' be sort of a family name, the includes Vivado and Vivado HLS. Casually, someone 'could' say Vivado when they really mean Vivado HLS.  Before, you get too far, I would confirm their instruction...

Hope that Helps

0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

It'll be much easier to just do the testbench in HLS. C/C++ standard libraries provide loads of file management functions.

0 Kudos