cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

[Vivado edition] High-level synthensis tutorial on Vivado HLx edition

Jump to solution

I want to do high level synthesis on Vivado, but all tutorials I found (like this video and this toturial) are all based on old Vivado HLS version, now I couldnot find a HLS tutorial works on most recent Vivado HLx version. User interfaces between these two Vivado versions are quite different. Is there any recommend tutorials for HLS on Vivado HLx ? Or any download link for Vivado HLS edition?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: [Vivado edition] High-level synthensis tutorial on Vivado HLx edition

Jump to solution

Hi @themoonboy ,

Vivado HLX edition is the full product, which includes Vivado, Vivado HLS and few other tools.

If you have installed the Vivado HLX edition, you should be able to use the Vivado and Vivado HLS.

Vivado and Vivado HLS tools are different. Generally, Vivado HLS tool transforms a C specification into a RTL implementation that you can synthesize into a Xilinx FPGA's. We can use only C, C++, SystemC or Open CL as C specifications. There is no RTL project creation in Vivado HLS.

Whereas, in Vivado you can use the HDL files/BD/Custom or Xilinx provided IP's/Vivado HLS created IP there.

Yes, the tutorial shared in my above post is for Vivado HLS only. Please check UG888  for Vivado design flow tutorial.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @themoonboy ,

UG 871  of Vivado HLS 2019.1 is the latest HLS tutorial which you can use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing, but is this for Vivado HLS only? 

Maybe I missed something, but is the Vivado HLS and Vivado HLx two different developing tools? Since I see their user interface quite different.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @themoonboy ,

Vivado HLX edition is the full product, which includes Vivado, Vivado HLS and few other tools.

If you have installed the Vivado HLX edition, you should be able to use the Vivado and Vivado HLS.

Vivado and Vivado HLS tools are different. Generally, Vivado HLS tool transforms a C specification into a RTL implementation that you can synthesize into a Xilinx FPGA's. We can use only C, C++, SystemC or Open CL as C specifications. There is no RTL project creation in Vivado HLS.

Whereas, in Vivado you can use the HDL files/BD/Custom or Xilinx provided IP's/Vivado HLS created IP there.

Yes, the tutorial shared in my above post is for Vivado HLS only. Please check UG888  for Vivado design flow tutorial.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @themoonboy 

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply).

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Aoife
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos