UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer cole.jepson
Observer

Zybo Board Files for HLS

I've followed this method for adding the Zybo board files for Vivado (https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/software/vivado/board-files) and it works for Vivado but not HLS. I tried to add the .xml board files from vivado-boards-master>new>board_files>zybo to the ...common>config file but they are not the same format. I can't find an explanation for this anywhere. I could get away with just using the part definition maybe but the Zybo part is XC7Z010-1CLG400C and I don't know if this corresponds to the part xc7z010clg400-3, xc7z010clg400-2, or xc7z010clg400-1 in HLS.

There should be an easy way to do this but I can't find anything online.

9 Replies
Observer cole.jepson
Observer

Re: Zybo Board Files for HLS

Is it xc7z010clg400-1?

0 Kudos
Scholar austin
Scholar

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjtqrGsl4bSAhUQ_mMKHa67BnsQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fusers.ece.utexas.edu%2F~gerstl%2Fee382v_f14%2Fsoc%2Fvivado_hls%2FVivadoHLS_labs.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFpOkoeYdp92wOYDG7-B06kKnj7CA

So, you may specify the part, or the board (if listed)  If the board is not listed, choose the correct part and the go find the board master .xdc file and include it in the project's constraint file section.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

@cole.jepson You can select the part but if you would like to select the board that can also be done but HLS does not apply any board level constraints so it is of no use from a board point of view.

Anyways, here is what you can do.

Navigate to 

C:\Xilinx\Vivado_HLS\201X.X\common\config

Open the Vivadohls_board.xml in the notepad ++

Add this line to the xml file and save it.

<board name="Zybo" display_name="Zybo" family="zynq" part="xc7z010clg400-1"  device="xc7z010" package="clg400" speedgrade="-1" vendor="digilentinc.com" />

Start the HLS tool and you shall see the board listed under boards tab.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
forums.JPG
Scholar pratham
Scholar

@cole.jepson Did that help?

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor chrislafave
Visitor

You rock, sir.
0 Kudos
Visitor chrislafave
Visitor

I'm sorry. My previous post was in reference to pratham's reply to @cole.jepson, which saved me the time of figuring out how add Zybo to HLS's VivadoHls_boards.xml.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

If you don't have a C:\Xilinx\Vivado_HLS\201X.X like me, modifying the C:\Xilinx\Vivado\201X.X\common\config\Vivadohls_board.xml works.

I am not sure why I do not have a Vivado HLS directory, but I think it is because I installed Vivado Design Edition.  Vivado HLS shows up as a program shortcut and runs just fine, but it appears to be getting settings from C:\Xilinx\Vivado rather than C:\Xilinx\Vivado_HLS.

0 Kudos
Visitor chainastole
Visitor

I am trying to complete the Vivado HLS lab written for Digilent ZedBoard, while possessing Digilent Arty-Z7020 and working with Vivado 2019.1 WebPack. As is the problem described by original author I don’t see the board in Vivado HLS “Device Selection Dialog”.

I understood, there are no pre-built board files for Vivado HLS for Arty (BTW this is solved for ZedBoard). I understood, two methods are proposed for device entry: a) add the board file manually into Vivadohls_board.xml b) not bother with board but rather add the device as part. I have obstacles in implementing both of them and they are:

1. I can’t find Vivadohls_board.xml file nowhere under <myInstallation>/Xilinx.
  2. The Arty-Z7020 Part is XC7Z020-1CLG400C, while the Vivado HLS device selector has xc7z020clg400-{1,2,3} and xc7z020iclg400-1L. I don’t know what is the match. May be it is not significant.

The thread is duplicated in corresponding thread at  https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/2068-arty-board-with-vivado-hls/

0 Kudos

Hi @cole.jepson 

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply).

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Aoife
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos