Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

ap_memory address when export to ip-catalog or edk

Hi

I have function with array argument. array size is 400. when I synthezise the report says the address is 9 bit. But when I export to ip-catalog or edk the address width shows 32 bit. Could you explain why?

Jothi

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

In general AXI address width is 32 please check if you have any AXI interface directives  to that addres

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi
I do not gave any axi directive on this variable. Even I have checked with the example array_Ram. Still it gives 32 bit adders even the address is other number
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

What is your addr data_type, can you show your code here ?

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Address data is not assigned by me. When you assign a directive ap_memory, depends on the array size, the address width is decided.

Jothi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

As synthesis shows 9 bit and only exporting makes difference I guess some interface directives were being added else it could be a tool issue.

Can you upload yoour test project for investigation ?

Regards,

Vanitha.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi

You could check the array_ram from the example design
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I am using vivado 2013.3
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can see that but that's only external (32-bit) and on the top level wrapper of the generated IP to be added as the .bd in Vivado IPI. Internally its connected only to the 9 bits of ADDR respectively for the 3 ap_memory interfaces and rest of the bits are unused.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The packaged IP has 32-bit address bus. The actual memory depth is controlled by the MEM_SIZE (in bytes) property on the IP, which will be propagated to the BRAM connected to it in IPI.

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos