UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

axi master done bit for burst transfer (ZYNQ)

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to transfer an array of data from PL to PS (DDR). I saw many examples an posts and I already implemented in HLS the code to do it. I've got a control axi lite for the axi master where I can setup from SDK the memory address to write to, but I haven't seen any reference on how to indicate the burst transfer is done... 

I'd like to tell to the PS that the data is already transferred and is ready to read, how would be the best way to do it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: axi master done bit for burst transfer (ZYNQ)

Jump to solution

@joseer wrote:

Do you know how to generate that interrupt from the HLS IP? 

add an extra output bit to your current logic and determine when it should be asserted (end of transfer condition).

then in a block design, connect this bit to the Zynq IRQ lines and look for IRQ based examples in the Vivado SDK to figure how to trigger the receiver

G.W.,
NIST - Time Frequency metrology
3 Replies

Jump to solution

@joseer wrote:

I'd like to tell to the PS that the data is already transferred and is ready to read, how would be the best way to do it?

I would rather use an interrupt signal (IRQ) but in a Linux context that might be a little more complicated if you have never done it before. You need to declare the IRQ and associated methods in the kernel (device driver), and you will need some sort of mechanism like irq_wait_interruptible()+spin lock to wait for the IRQ to actually happen and so, make data available. There are many approaches and ways to do that, semaphore+counters could be another way to do that.

G.W.,
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @guillaumebres, thanks for the reply, I forgot to say but is for a bare metal application no linux. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@joseer wrote:

add an extra output bit to your current logic and determine when it should be asserted (end of transfer condition).

then in a block design, connect this bit to the Zynq IRQ lines and look for IRQ based examples in the Vivado SDK to figure how to trigger the receiver

G.W.,