UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latency of sub-function and top level function

Hello,
we are trying a synthesis of top level function update_order () which gives latency and Initiation interval of (27-min,45-max) and (19-min,45-max) respectively. If we examine the analysis view, however, the functions in the hierarchy are giving latency and II of (18, 44), (18,44) and (15,15), (15,15) respectively. Also these functions in hierarchy seem to be executing sequentially from analysis view. So the top level function should give a latency of (42 - min, 60-max) respectively. Can someone explain this  please. we are attaching the necessary diagrams herewith.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Voyager
Voyager

Re: latency of sub-function and top level function

Hey mahesh.barve@tcs.com,

I don't know your functions (as you didn't provide them), and the values you give do not add up for me either ...

• 18 + 15 = 33
  • 44 + 15 = 59

... but the fact that you expect (42/60) and get (27/45) just means that 15 cycles could be optimized (probably by pipelining) away when the two functions exchange data.

• 42 - 15 = 27
  • 60 - 15 = 45

Hope this helps,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos