UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer yetanotherid
Observer

memcpy causing PL module to hang

I'm working with a Zynq, and have an HLS module using memcpy over an axi master to access DDR memory. Since the axi transactions use handshaking, I would expect that no matter what, eventually the HLS module will be able to complete its reads and writes, even if the DDR memory controller is off servicing some other request.

However, I'm observing my module completely hang in some circumstances. It appears the axi bus is in an "overflow" state which I haven't been able to find any documentation on. Can anyone shed some light on this state? Below is a hardware capture of such an event.

capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: memcpy causing PL module to hang

@yetanotherid

This seems to be caused by an ILA parameter which is not automatically propagated from the AXI bus.

AXI_ILA.PNG

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos