cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

some errors when I study the vivado HLS

Jump to solution

hi,guy,as a new learner of Vivado HLS,I met some problems when I follow the UG871 to study the labs ,I hope someone can give me some help.

1.unsupported memory access on variable "input" which is (or contains )an array with unknow size at compile time .

this error is found in ug871-design-files\Design_Analysis\ lab1,and another labs can also  find it .

unknow size.png

2.error in linking the design error in linking the design.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

For Error 1), It looks like the size of the array "input" is determined by the value of "N".  That value has to be defined.  When synthesizing a design, the software can only create a design based on static sizes.  Dynamic sizing is not an option when converting to FPGA resources.

For Error 2), make sure that all relavent files have been added to the synthesis file list in the project.

You may have already done this, but I will recommend it anyway.  Make sure that you have a testbench for your design and that you can successfully simulate your design before trying to synthesize it.  The C simulation compiler is much easier to use for initial debug.

Ted Booth | Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer | DesignLinx Solutions
https://www.designlinxhs.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

For Error 1), It looks like the size of the array "input" is determined by the value of "N".  That value has to be defined.  When synthesizing a design, the software can only create a design based on static sizes.  Dynamic sizing is not an option when converting to FPGA resources.

For Error 2), make sure that all relavent files have been added to the synthesis file list in the project.

You may have already done this, but I will recommend it anyway.  Make sure that you have a testbench for your design and that you can successfully simulate your design before trying to synthesize it.  The C simulation compiler is much easier to use for initial debug.

Ted Booth | Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer | DesignLinx Solutions
https://www.designlinxhs.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos