UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

verify HLS DATAFLOW pragma

Hey i am tring to work with the HLS DATAFLOW pragma. Is there anyway i can understand wheather the pragma actually works or does it actually does pipelining. I have using command line and not using GUI. It there any log dfile or any other file which i can check for the operation of that pragma 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Teacher xilinxacct
Teacher

Re: verify HLS DATAFLOW pragma

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

You can look at the various control signals (ap_start, ap_done, etc.) for the functions that you want to be working in parallel (within the DATAFLOW region) when running C/RTL co-simulation.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kaustubhmhatre 

Also take a look at UG902 page 156 for Dataflow Optimization.

Cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi @kaustubhmhatre 

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply).

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Aoife
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Which log file should i check to see those varaibales. I am using command line. I dont use GUI

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Well, those variables are best observed using the simulator GUI.

You can look at the HLS synthesis reports though and get the information in a different manner.  If you look at the latency values reported for your top level function (or whatever function contains the other functions that you want to be operating in parallel), and also look at the individual latency values reported for the dataflow functions, you can do some simple math to determine whether the functions are operating serially (dataflow pragma did not work) or parallel (dataflow pragma did work).  If the overall latency is approximately equal to the largest latency of the individual functions then dataflow has worked.  If the overall latency is approximately equal to the sum of one or more individual functions then those functions are operating serially (one executed followed by the next, etc.)