cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

xapp1170 Matrix Multiplication: Not able to do C/RTL Co-simulation in order to verify RTL generated by VIVADO HLS

Jump to solution

Hi,
 I was trying to use xapp1170 (Hardware Accelerator for Matrix Multiplication) in one project on face recognition. I need matrix multiplication of rectangular matrices with large dimensions(like: 1x1665 and 1665 x 9). For this before going to SDK, i need to verify whether Vivado HLS generates accurate RTL. Thus I have to do C/RTL Co-simulation. For Co-simulation, I must have testbench that will call the function to be synthesized. What Xilinx provides with xapp1170 is self-checking program file (not a separate testbench), hence Co-simulation will not work here. So i need to make separate testbench. Here I am having problems. I tried to move main() in another file(testbench), but had errors. I also tried to use header files but efforts went in vain as I am not familiar with use of template in cpp. So if anyone helps me, I shall be highly grateful to him/her. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You for your kind reply. I started from scratch and wrote testbench as well as source. Now C/RTL simulation is working.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
You can always write a testbench from scratch to test that Matric Multiplication code. You need not make it self checking and just declare two array inputs, pass it to the top level function and print the output back in testbench. Main() should be a top of the testbench. Try writing it up and post the errors which you are facing.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You for your kind reply. I started from scratch and wrote testbench as well as source. Now C/RTL simulation is working.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos