Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

2017.1 VIVADO crash

Jump to solution

Hi, there

I use VIVADO 2017.1 to synthesize the design for VU440. The implementation report the following error message. 

Abnormal program termination (11)
Please check '/users/pchen/T0/vu440/0914_4374/vivado_project/vu440_1ch_0914_4374.runs/impl_1/hs_err_pid19159.log' for details

The synth and impl runme.log and 19159.log are attached. Please check it. thanks

Ping Chen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: 2017.1 VIVADO crash

Jump to solution

@chenpingx

Is it possible for you to test in the latest vivado release i.e 2018.2? It is not expected from the tool to crash but always give an error or proper information message to use if there is any design issue. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55854.html

If the issue exists in 2018.2 then please share the dcp so that we can reproduce it our end and forward it to Factory to get it fixed.

With 2017.1, you can continue with the workaround of using Default strategy which you mentioned is not crashing. 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @chenpingx,

This is implementation issue and needs to be transferred to impl. board. 

Tool is crashing in post place phys_opt_design phase.

1. Which OS version are you using for Vivado 2017.1?

2. Can you try to run full implementation with default strategy and check?

If second point does not help than can you provide your post synth dcp to evaluate ?

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Please check my comments for the question. 

1. Which OS version are you using for Vivado 2017.1?

From Ping: Linux

2. Can you try to run full implementation with default strategy and check?

VIVADO crash again. Please check attached log. thanks

Piing Chen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @chenpingx. Is a reproducible DCP available to attach? I did not find a matching reported issue from 2017.1. I can also send a private message to set up an alternative method of sending the DCP if preferred.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

No. it is for sure VU440 will crash or stop working with PerformanceExtraOpt implementation setting. 

regards

Ping Chen

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@chenpingx

Is it possible for you to test in the latest vivado release i.e 2018.2? It is not expected from the tool to crash but always give an error or proper information message to use if there is any design issue. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55854.html

If the issue exists in 2018.2 then please share the dcp so that we can reproduce it our end and forward it to Factory to get it fixed.

With 2017.1, you can continue with the workaround of using Default strategy which you mentioned is not crashing. 

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

The default implementation is OK for 2017.1. But, the 2018.2 fail to synthesize the ARM DAP design. I could not move to 2018.2 VIVADO. You can check the following link for detailed information. thanks

Ping Chen

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Synthesis/FSM-extraction-for-2017-1-and-2018-1/td-p/875704

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @chenpingx. There is not much help that can be provided if this issue has not been reported, and a reproducible DCP is not available.

If other directives besides PerformanceExtraOpt are successful, these would be a viable workaround.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
got it. Now, the default implementation is working. I will discuss with my boss about providing the DCP. So, close this thread firstly. thanks

Ping Chen

0 Kudos