UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXI4-Stream interface

Jump to solution

I understood the theoretical concept of handshakes done by the interface in any vivado ip to implement it in my project  but my problem is that I couldn't implement it even using a simple 3 stage equation that uses floating point IPs which works with this interface  where for ex: x+y=sum --> x*y=mult --> sum+mult=result1 & sum*mult=result2 .

Note : attached are screenshots for both the  equation entity along with the components for Add IP and Multiply IP .

I need help in port mapping them to get the above equation as the documentation for this interface is so limited and doesn't include any examples .

Mohamed Taher
Screenshot from 2019-06-14 11-01-47.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: AXI4-Stream interface

Jump to solution

Comments:

1. Keep AXI-Stream signals together. Use the standard naming, for these signals everywhere in your code.
  2. Use coherent naming in your code. This will help future readers.
  3. Define one signal per line. This will also improve readability.
  4. Your code contained signals with multiple drivers. (eg the `w` signal) This will cause synthesis error.
  5.  Use naming "product" instead of multt

I attached my version

4 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi mohamed.ellaithy@student.guc.edu.eg 

1. Where do you found these modules?
  2. Are you interested in the instantiation of these modules?
  3. Please insert your code as code, not as image. Your code contain several syntax error...
  4. The input of your top-module (AdderMult) is not AXI-Stream. (There is no valid signal of the inputs. Are the inputs valid continuously?) You need to build AXI-Stream signals from your input signals. (adding valid and (ready) singals to them)
  5. You need an AXI broadcaster to connect one master stream to multiple slave ports. A basic AXI breadcaster waits until all of its "output-stream" ready.

Benedek

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

1) Those modules are generated from Floating point ip in vivado in the ip catalog .

2)If you mean by instantiation to use the modules multiple times so yes that what I need , what I exactly want is to port map those modules to handle for example an equation like this ex: x+y=sum --> x*y=mult --> sum+mult=result1 & sum*mult=result2  and then I will use the same concept of implementation in my project.

3) No errors appear in the TCL console for me and here is my code .

4)I didn't know that my top module should have AXI stream inputs like valid and ready so it can work with IPs that use Axi4-Stream as I am totally newbi in interfacing PS with PL so thank you , I will add them now .

5) I didn't also know that I need an AXI broadcaster so thank you again .

Thank you ,please find the VHDL attached here , I didn't add the Axi interface to the top module nor the broadcaster yet but I will .

and Id you have any comment or advice please don't hesitate to inform me @betontalpfa 

Mohamed Taher
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Comments:

1. Keep AXI-Stream signals together. Use the standard naming, for these signals everywhere in your code.
  2. Use coherent naming in your code. This will help future readers.
  3. Define one signal per line. This will also improve readability.
  4. Your code contained signals with multiple drivers. (eg the `w` signal) This will cause synthesis error.
  5.  Use naming "product" instead of multt

I attached my version

Jump to solution
Thank you for the effort
Mohamed Taher
0 Kudos