cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

BRAM extra large - 128bit wide worked, how broad may one go?

Jump to solution

The BRAM works wonders on the ARTIX-7 using 128 bits wide at 400 MHz seemed allright

For to have faster RAM access its better to have it very broad I noticed and I am thinking if I should try push it to 256 or 512?

Any advice on the issues I may encounter its going to run at 125MHz

Anyone done some experimenting on that and can share its views?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: BRAM extra large - 128bit wide worked, how broad may one go?

Jump to solution

@Anonymous I once made a 88 wide 32 bit (ie ~2800 bits total) entry parallel vector file from BRAMs and it worked quite well.  Basically each BRAM is 72 bits long (512 deep and writable at 9 bit byte granularity) and there is technically no limit on how many of these you can read/write in parallel.  It might be challenging to implement but it is possible to access all BRAMs in a chip at the same cycle with good design.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution

@Anonymous I once made a 88 wide 32 bit (ie ~2800 bits total) entry parallel vector file from BRAMs and it worked quite well.  Basically each BRAM is 72 bits long (512 deep and writable at 9 bit byte granularity) and there is technically no limit on how many of these you can read/write in parallel.  It might be challenging to implement but it is possible to access all BRAMs in a chip at the same cycle with good design.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

its real good I posted I was wondering what step to go, I realise I can proceed to broader, real amazing.

0 Kudos