Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchin123
Voyager
Voyager

Bitstream error with Ethernet IP design

Jump to solution

My design has two AXI Ethernet IP and it passed Implementation but when I run Bitstream I received this error..

The issue points to U5/U1 and U5/U2 which are the two Xilinx IP; I'm using Vivado 2019.1 and XCZU7 FPGA and my License is good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
u5/u2/U0/mac/U0/bd_5d9f_0_mac_0_core (bd_5d9f_0_mac_0_tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v9_0_12_HD173)
u5/u1/U0/mac/U0/bd_5d9f_0_mac_0_core (bd_5d9f_0_mac_0_tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v9_0_12)
If a new IP Core license was added, in order for the new license to be picked up, the current netlist needs to be updated by resetting and re-generating the IP output products before bitstream generation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tchin123_0-1617905111383.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
florentw

Hi @tchin123 

Refer to the IP documentation, PG138:

florentw_0-1617963752113.png

So as mention by @dpaul24 , you still need a License for the TEMAC to use the AXI Ethernet subsystem

An evaluation license is a license which allows you to generate the bitstream. However, with an evaluation license the IP will have a timeout thus will stop working in HW after few hours.

To generate the HW evaluation license, go to your licensing account and search for the TEMAC in the no charge and evaluation licenses. You can also click on the evaluate IP link on the following page:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/temac.html 

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

6 Replies
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@tchin123 ,

If the TEMAC IP core is used, then it at least needs a hardware evaluation license for bitstarem generation. Do you have it?

dpaul24_0-1617910213008.png

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

tchin123
Voyager
Voyager

I'm using the AXI Ethernet Subsystem IP and I have a floating 2018 Vivado Design Edition License. 

tchin123_0-1617910556729.png

0 Kudos
tchin123
Voyager
Voyager

Shouldn't my full 2018 Design Suite License support the Ethernet IP for bit stream generation? What is this "hardware evaluation license" 

How long does it last, how do I obtain one?

0 Kudos
florentw

Hi @tchin123 

Refer to the IP documentation, PG138:

florentw_0-1617963752113.png

So as mention by @dpaul24 , you still need a License for the TEMAC to use the AXI Ethernet subsystem

An evaluation license is a license which allows you to generate the bitstream. However, with an evaluation license the IP will have a timeout thus will stop working in HW after few hours.

To generate the HW evaluation license, go to your licensing account and search for the TEMAC in the no charge and evaluation licenses. You can also click on the evaluate IP link on the following page:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/temac.html 

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

tchin123
Voyager
Voyager

This Ethernet IP evaluation license will only work for 120 days. When this expire do I need to request this license again or is this a one time deal only

Secondary, for my information,  if I get a new 2021 Vivado license then will this support the Ethernet IP bit stream generation without getting this evaluation license?

0 Kudos
dsheils

Hi @tchin123 

For your licensing question you might be better to ask on the "Installation and Licensing" Board.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos