UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie vrde123

Black Box error while running FMC-HDMI-CAM + PYTHON-1300-C Reference Design Tutorial on Zynq zc702 board

Hi,

I am working on the getting started design tutorial (FMC-HDMI-CAM + PYTHON-1300-C) for zynq board. This tutorial is for the vivado's version 2014.4, but I use vivado 2015.3.

I could create the block design and the synthesis was complete, but the implementation failed writing the following error :

• [DRC 23-20] Rule violation (INBB-3) Black Box Instances - Cell 'onsemi_vita_cam_0/U0/onsemi_vita_cam_v3_1_S00_AXI_inst/onsemi_vita_cam_core_inst/framestart2_regen_l/pulse_regen_l' of type 'onsemi_vita_spi_0/U0/onsemi_vita_spi_v3_1_S00_AXI_inst/onsemi_vita_spicore_inst/vita_spi_txfifo_l/afifo_32_l/fifo_generator_v12_0' has undefined contents and is considered a black box. The contents of this cell must be defined for opt_design to complete successfully.

How can I resolve this in my project?

Thanks a lot.

Please reply.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Black Box error while running FMC-HDMI-CAM + PYTHON-1300-C Reference Design Tutorial on Zynq zc702 board

@vrde123

From the error message, I believe the error is from FIFO IP. Check if the IP has been instantiated correctly. 

Did you set OOC run for the IP? Check if the OOC run was successful and If you are correctly able to see all the files in Sources window after Expanding. 

Example: 

Capture.JPG

Also since the tutorial is for Vivado 2014.4, try using the same vivado version. 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Re: Black Box error while running FMC-HDMI-CAM + PYTHON-1300-C Reference Design Tutorial on Zynq zc702 board

@vrde123

Can you provide any update on this forum thread??

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
0 Kudos