UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Changing I/O standard

Hello,

I would like to ask please about I/O standard because I have no experience with these interfaces. For example, in attahced shot, this is difference between LVDS and CMOS technologies. I can see also from user guide 471 page 99 that for example LVDS_25 and LVCMOS_25 are placed  in HR Bank. What I know also is we can choose which logic family in constraint files (UCF for instance).

My question is, How changing the IOstandard in the UCF file can change the logic family connected to the IO PAD (Do we have each logic family connected to the PAD or is it switching techniques, etc). I am asking because each logic family has its own architecture and configuration so I can't imagine how choosing the IOstandard in UCF file can assign the needed logic family

XQ_4.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Changing I/O standard

The I/O ports do have sufficient hardware to implement all of the supported I/O standards. It's one of the big advantages of FPGAs - you can connect almost anything to almost anything else.

0 Kudos