cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Clock partitioning failed to resolve contention in clock region

[Place 30-835] Clock partitioning failed to resolve contention in clock region X5Y9. Only a maximum of 24 global clock nets can use resources in a clock region, however, there are 28 clocks in this region as listed below. These clock nets either have user-constrained loads or have IO loads placed by the tool. If the clock sources/loads have constraints, please ensure they are placed close to each other to avoid using routing resources in other regions.
List of nets sourced in this region along with their unmovable loads (first 10 loads):
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_0/rx_clk_out_0 drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[33].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y9)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_1/rx_clk_out_1 drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_1/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_1_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[33].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y9)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_3/rx_clk_out_3 drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_3/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_3_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[33].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y9)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_tx_inst_3/CLK drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_3/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_3_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[33].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y9)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_tx_inst_1/CLK drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_1/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_1_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[33].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y9)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_tx_inst_0/CLK drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[33].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y9)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_tx_inst_2/CLK drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_2/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_2_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[33].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y9)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_2/rx_clk_out_2 drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_4/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_2/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_4_gt_2_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[33].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y9)
List of nets sourced in other regions but using clock resouces in this region along with their unmovable loads (first 10 loads):
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_1/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_2/rx_clk_out_2 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y12) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_1/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_1_gt_2/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_1_gt_2_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[36].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y12)
CRBR_clock_gen25/inst/clk_out3 (CLOCKREGION_X4Y11) drives the following 0 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_0/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_2/rx_clk_out_2 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y13) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_0/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_0_gt_2/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_0_gt_2_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[37].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y13)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_3/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_3/rx_clk_out_3 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y10) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_3/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_3_gt_3/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_3_gt_3_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[34].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y10)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_1/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_1/rx_clk_out_1 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y12) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_1/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_1_gt_1/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_1_gt_1_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[36].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y12)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_3/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_0/rx_clk_out_0 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y10) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_3/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_3_gt/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_3_gt_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[34].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y10)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_3/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_tx_inst_0/CLK (CLOCKREGION_X5Y10) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_3/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_3_gt/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_3_gt_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[34].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y10)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_1/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_3/rx_clk_out_3 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y12) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_1/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_1_gt_3/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_1_gt_3_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[36].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y12)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_0/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_0/rx_clk_out_0 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y13) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_0/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_0_gt/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_0_gt_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[37].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y13)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_2/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_3/rx_clk_out_3 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y11) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_2/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_2_gt_3/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_2_gt_3_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[35].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y11)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_2/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_2/rx_clk_out_2 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y11) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_2/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_2_gt_2/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_2_gt_2_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[35].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y11)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_2/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_1/rx_clk_out_1 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y11) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_2/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_2_gt_1/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_2_gt_1_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[35].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y11)
CRBR_clock_gen25/inst/clk_out1 (CLOCKREGION_X4Y11) drives the following 0 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_1/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_0/rx_clk_out_0 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y12) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_1/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_1_gt/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_1_gt_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[36].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y12)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_2/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_0/rx_clk_out_0 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y11) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_2/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_2_gt/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_2_gt_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[35].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y11)
xxv_ethernet_HOST_0/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_0/dclk (CLOCKREGION_X5Y1) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
xxv_ethernet_HOST_0/inst/i_ZYNQ_MAC_gt/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.ZYNQ_MAC_gt_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[31].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y1)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_0/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_1/rx_clk_out_1 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y13) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_0/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_0_gt_1/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_0_gt_1_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[37].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y13)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_3/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_2/rx_clk_out_2 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y10) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_3/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_3_gt_2/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_3_gt_2_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[34].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y10)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_3/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_1/rx_clk_out_1 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y10) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_3/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_3_gt_1/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_3_gt_1_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[34].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y10)
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_0/inst/i_core_gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst_3/rx_clk_out_3 (CLOCKREGION_X5Y13) drives the following 1 unmovable loads:
IOMAC_inst/SFP_ENET_0/inst/i_xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_0_gt_3/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4_top.xxv_ethernet_MAC_SFP_0_gt_3_gtwizard_gtye4_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye4.gen_channel_container[37].gen_enabled_channel.gtye4_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gtye4_channel_gen.gen_gtye4_channel_inst[0].GTYE4_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST (CLOCKREGION_X5Y13)

please give me the complete solution. Give me some documents about how to use PBLOCK after synthesis is done.

thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi raju.chimmi@dexceldesigns.com 

you can use report clock utilization to understand the what clock in your design is using what clocking resources on your FPGA and then try floorplanning to partition and place the loads such that clock nets will not be contending for same global clock routing resource 

see https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59424.html on how to use a pblock.

In your case: Identify the conflicting clock nets and assign the hierarchical load cells to the pblock.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted

raju.chimmi@dexceldesigns.com 

Check the following debug AR on clock partitioning errors. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67674.html 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67384.html 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos