UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Clocks and JESD204B V7.1

I'm trying to do a custom design.  I have an external clock (VCO) available.  I have a few questions.  We purchased the 7.1 JESD204B license.

We are interfacing with the TI DAC39J82 DAC at the highest rate zynq 7z30 -2 can go : 10.3125 GHz over 4 lanes (421 = LMF).  For the 10.3125 line rate, I have selected a reference clock speed of 206.25 (from the wizard).  I can select any of them I think, but here are my questions:

1) Does my external VCO need to supply the 206.25 MHz frequency on a MRCC pin?  Or can I provide any frequency and use a Fabric/local MCCM/PLL to generate it?  How accurately does this clock need to be to ensure no failure of the 10.3125 GHz transceiver?

2) Should the DRP/AXI clock also be externally generated and supplied to a MRCC pin?  Are there combinations of MRCC pins that are best to use with the JESD204B ipcore?

3) Where can I find out more information about JESD204B clocking like this for the zynq?

Kurt

Tags (1)