UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mkachalov1
Visitor

Compiling fifo_generator_v12_0 with Vivado 2014.4

Hello,

I have Vivado 2014.4 and am trying to compile the fifo_generator_v12_0 library for standalone simulation with Modelsim 10.3d.

I got the following from 2014.4/data/ip/xilinx/fifo_generator_v12_0/hdl:

fifo_generator_v12_0.vhd

fifo_generator_v12_0_rfs.v

fifo_generator_v12_0_rfs.vhd

fifo_generator_v12_0_vh_rfs.vhd

fifo_generator_v12_0_vhsyn_rfs.vhd

And this is my compile script:

vlog -novopt -incr -work fifo_generator_v12_0 -93 \
        $EXMPL_SOURCE/fifo_generator_v12_0/hdl/fifo_generator_v12_0_rfs.v

vcom -novopt -work fifo_generator_v12_0 -93 \
        $EXMPL_SOURCE/fifo_generator_v12_0/hdl/fifo_generator_v12_0_rfs.vhd \
        $EXMPL_SOURCE/fifo_generator_v12_0/hdl/fifo_generator_v12_0_vhsyn_rfs.vhd \
        $EXMPL_SOURCE/fifo_generator_v12_0/hdl/fifo_generator_v12_0_vh_rfs.vhd \
        $EXMPL_SOURCE/fifo_generator_v12_0/hdl/fifo_generator_v12_0.vhd

Unfortunatly, nothing gets compiled into my fifo_generator_v12_0 (see attatched).

There is a Xilinx AR with respect to this issue, however, this appears to be before Xilinx concaconated and encrypted the source files,

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/61035.html

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/System-Logic/Vivado-2014-4-FIFO-Generator-v12-0-updates/td-p/548735

Since the files are encrpted, I really have no visability into what I can be doing wrong. I made sure my secureip, unisim, unimacro, etc. libraries are up to date. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Compiling fifo_generator_v12_0 with Vivado 2014.4

Hi

Can you try running the simulation in integrated flow so that the tool will take care of the files and library mapping and then which you can take as a referece for standalone simulaiton.

Refer UG900 for details on integrated 3rd party simulation.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mkachalov1

Do you see any warnings/error messages in the console?

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Highlighted
Visitor mkachalov1
Visitor

Hey Deepika,

Unfortunatly there are no error messages or warnings when I try to compile. That is what makes this problem so frustrating.

Thanks

0 Kudos