UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (REQP-61) - IBUFDS has invalid driver

Hi

I am doing one project in Vivado Vertx7 Evaluation board, during implementation I am getting one error which I have mention below.

I get these errors in implementation:

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (REQP-61) ibufds_connects_I_active - IBUFDS mb_core/clk_wiz_1/inst/clkin1_ibufds pin I has an invalid driver.

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (REQP-62) ibufds_connects_IB_active - IBUFDS mb_core/clk_wiz_1/inst/clkin1_ibufds pin IB has an invalid driver.

Note:- In this project I am using Microblaze processor and Axi_ahb_litebridge.

I am requesting forum member to help in this regards.

Thanks & Regards

Rajneesh

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [DRC 23-20] Rule violation (REQP-61) - IBUFDS has invalid driver

The error message is to notify customers that they need to set IOSTANDARD and LOCs in order to protect devices from accidental damage that could be caused by the tools randomly choosing a pin location or IOSTANDARD without knowledge of the board voltage or connections.

For example:

If a pin is tied to ground on a board and ISE Design Suite chooses this pin as an output that is driving high, this causes contention.
If you have a termination scheme on the board for a pin that is the HSTL or SSTL recommended termination and ISE Design Suite chooses LVCMOS18 (default), the signal integrity of the signal will be less than optimal.
The default I/O standard for the 7 Series is LVCMOS18 for single-ended signals for all banks, the default I/O standard was LVCMOS25 in previous architectures.

As the message indicates, the error can be down graded to a warning by using the following constraints

set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks NSTD-1]
set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks UCIO-1]

These cannot be set in the XDC file. It is recommended to place the command in a script.tcl file and source this Tcl file inside the project or the larger scripting flow.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
What is the input that you are giving to IBUFDS? is it differential clock input?

Thanks,
Shreyas
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

check this discussion
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/ERROR-Drc-23-20-Rule-violation-REQP-61/td-p/589946
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi rajneesh.sharma@mindtree.com

Open synthesized design, search for the instances mentioned in the error message. Trace back to the drivers of IBUFDS instances in schematic and ensure that they are directly connected to top level ports in the design.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos