UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRC UCIO-1] Unconstrained Logical Port: 3 out of 55 logical ports have no user assigned specific location constraint (LOC).

Jump to solution

I merged two projects into one and ran implementation successfully,but when I generated bitstream I got:

20191023185535.png

Xdc files of two projects have also been merged and they two can work in their own projects. Why merged xdc can't work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: [DRC UCIO-1] Unconstrained Logical Port: 3 out of 55 logical ports have no user assigned specific location constraint (LOC).

Jump to solution

Can one wizard generate all of the clocks?  Could you eliminate one of the wizards? 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Re: [DRC UCIO-1] Unconstrained Logical Port: 3 out of 55 logical ports have no user assigned specific location constraint (LOC).

Jump to solution

The error is telling you that you have not assigned the ports sys_clk_p, sys_clk_n or sys_rst to pins.  You must assign pins to these signals or you must remove them. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Thanks for your reply,but I can clearly see the assignment of them. The two xdc files are valid in two seperate projects,but invalid in a merged one.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Try searching through your placer warnings.  Search for the signal names and see if any warnings pertain to them.

Jump to solution
Thank you so much. As you suggested, I finally found that I assigned two clocks to the same pin, but the frequency of these two clocks needs to be different. Could you tell me what I should do?
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Assign those two clocks to different pins.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi xzwang@hnu.edu.cn ,

An addon.

Please check the below AR for detailed information on the DRC you are facing :
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56354.html 

Thanks,

Raj

Jump to solution

I found that there is only one 200Mhz clock on my FPGA, but two 200M clocks are needed in the project, and these two clocks are connected to Clocking Wizard respectively. So is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Are these physically different 200MHz clocks or is this the same clock going to two wizards?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
The same one 200Mhz clock is going to two wizards
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can one wizard generate all of the clocks?  Could you eliminate one of the wizards? 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution
I solved the problem as you suggested. Thank you so much!
0 Kudos