UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer multiprobe
Observer

DRC violation REQP-1619 - IBUFDS_GTE2_driven_by_IBUF

Jump to solution

I am having a block diagram design,where I route an internal jitter attenuator clock(si5324) clock to my input clock ports, which are input to my custom logic.

The design synthesizes succesfully.I face the following error upon implementation:

"REQP-1619#1 Error
IBUFDS_GTE2_driven_by_IBUF
IBUFDS_GTE2 PS_plus_fabric_i/tengig_spi_0/inst/ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_core_support_layer_i/ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_shared_clock_reset_block/ibufds_inst pins I and IB should be driven by IBUFs."

Upon looking up at forum posts related to it, I edited the top level Verilog wrapper to add IBUF explicitly to each of these signals, and tried running with the edited wrapper. I can see the IBUFs initated in my elaborated design step, but they get dropped again during synthesis design step, and now I get the error:

"[Opt 31-38] IBUFDS_GTE2 PS_plus_fabric_i/tengig_spi_0/inst/ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_core_support_layer_i/ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_shared_clock_reset_block/ibufds_inst I pin is connected directly to a top-level port. An IBUF must be inserted in between the port and the IBUFDS_GT"

In what case will something be present in elaborated design but dropped from synthesized design ( I notice this in schematic view for both steps).

Can you help me fix the orginal error as well?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DRC violation REQP-1619 - IBUFDS_GTE2_driven_by_IBUF

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you check if by any chance the wrapper is being regenerated during synthesis and your changes are lost?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @multiprobe

Can you try adding the DONT_TOUCH attribute on the instantiated IBUF and check whether it is dropped?

See the section "DONT_TOUCH" in the following user guide: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_4/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf 

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you check if by any chance the wrapper is being regenerated during synthesis and your changes are lost?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you share the attribute applied in RTL to infer IBUF and also the complete implementation log file?

--Syed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos