UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

Debug cores not working -- [Chipscope 16-359] Could not find a valid clock port for hub dbg_hub.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a project which I added system ILA to from the block diagram view.

After successfully generating a bitstream and programming the device, no debug core is found.

I have found the following error in the console:

WARNING: [Chipscope 16-359] Could not find a valid clock port for hub dbg_hub. C_CLK_INPUT_FREQ_HZ will get an empty value in the LTX file

I attempted to fix this by deleting the .bit and .ltx files and re-spinning.  I also tried creating a new project, importing the original block design, and spinning everything up again.  So far the problem persists.

I have double checked that both the debug hub and ILA are connected to the same clock using the schematic view.

What can I do next to try to get the debug cores to work?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Debug cores not working -- [Chipscope 16-359] Could not find a valid clock port for hub dbg_hub.

Jump to solution

Check that the clock driving your system ILA is a free running clock. If you're using the processor clock, for example, you'll have to program the FPGA through SDK and then refresh device in HW manager. Also, check that your ILA clock is fast enough to properly sample the signals you are feeding it.

-Dan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Debug cores not working -- [Chipscope 16-359] Could not find a valid clock port for hub dbg_hub.

Jump to solution

Check that the clock driving your system ILA is a free running clock. If you're using the processor clock, for example, you'll have to program the FPGA through SDK and then refresh device in HW manager. Also, check that your ILA clock is fast enough to properly sample the signals you are feeding it.

-Dan

0 Kudos
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

Jump to solution

Yeah, the clock driving the debug is derived from the Zynq.  I put it into a clk_wiz to generate a 100 MHz clock, I suppose this doesn't count as free running.  I'll find another clock on the board and check that it works.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

That clock should still work fine, you'll just have to export hardware and bitstream to SDK, program the FPGA in SDK, and refresh device in HW manager.

0 Kudos