cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Debugger generates error on trigger, requires 2nd bitstream build before it works

Hi All,

When I finish a build and program the chip (Zynq zc706 dev board), then trigger the debugger, it generates this message:

"[Labtools 27-188] Use refresh_hw_device command, with a valid [debug_nets.ltx] file before running this command."

When I run the bitstream generation again and then program it, it works. This happens almost every build. Here's the clock source for the debugger:

BLOCK_DESIGN/mig_7series_0/u_design_1_mig_7series_0_1_mig/u_ddr3_infrastructure/CLK

The clock for the mig-generated block is the 200MHz board clock, which I believe is free-running. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong?
Thanks, Tom
(Vivado 2019.1, Windows 7)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@tgschneider ,

The issue might be occuring because the .ltx probes file is not specified for the FPGA. 

The .ltx file can be added in the Hardware Device Properties.

Thanks and Regards,

Raj Singh.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Raj,

I checked the .ltx file specification in hardware device properties, and the demo_top.ltx file listed is indeed present.

The debugger error msg complains only about the debug_nets.ltx file, which is generated whenever my build finishes and generate bitstream runs. The initial debug_nets.ltx file results in the error msg. When I re-run generate bitstream, it generates a new debug_nets.ltx file, which does not result in a debugger error. These two files differ in content and size, with the second, working one being smaller. This behavior is consistent.

The same is true for the demo_top.ltx file, where the first generated one fails, and the second one works, except it doesn't show up in an error message.

I've attached the working and non-working demo_top.ltx files in hopes that it will help you find what's going wrong. The one with the .org  suffix is the non-working one. If you also the need the debug_nets.ltx files let me know and I will generate them.

(I had to add .txt to the end of the attachments so the system would accept them)

Cheers, Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Raj,

Have you had a chance to look at my post of 4/15/20, in which I responded to your post of 4/13/20?

Cheers,

Tom

0 Kudos