UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sms1955
Visitor

Design routing

Hi all;

I have question regrding design routing. how one can force the signals to arrive at the same time for two instances? and how one can force the desgn to be on occupy a specific area?

(to implement design that depends on signals racing).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Design routing

I am not sure how you define "at the same time" specifically how you measure the delay between two arrivals.

As to placement, you don't specify which tool you are using but in vivado you can use the physical blocks to constrain placement of objects: create_pblocks, add_cells_to_pblocks etc.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi sms1955,

to control the routing delay of 2 signals, you use constraints. In Vivado you could use:

set_max_delay
set_min_delay

For these and other constraints, please consult UG903 - Using constraints

Regarding placement in a specific area: this is generally called floorplanning.

UG906 has a chapter on floorplanning.

There is even a tutorial in UG938 Lab 2 - step 4

Best regards

Dries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented by clicking the star next to the post.
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am working on linux 12.04, and I am implementing an FPGA design on ML605 board.

But there is some routing error "The signal <GPIO_LED_E_OBUF> is incomplete. The
   signal is not driven by any source pin in the design."

So for solving this I am trying to open "FPGA editor" but the terminal says this:

"error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I have searched for these library files but not sure which one to install and how..?

can anyone please help me out in this regard. Also is there any other way to remove this routing error..?

pardon me for any mistake I am a new user to this forum.

Sanjay

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

For this issue of loading teh libraries, there was a similar issue reported in RHEL.

On RHEL5.7 there should be a called /usr/lib/libXm.so.4.0.1 . You should _also_ have a file called /usr/lib64/libXm.so.4.0.1 . Basically, those are the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the same file (libXm.so.4.0.1)

You need to create a symbolic link from libXm.so.4.0.1 and call it "libXm.so.3". This should be sufficient for FPGA Editor to work. The commands to create the symbolic links are:

ln -s /usr/lib/libXm.so.4.0.1 /usr/lib/libXm.so.3
ln -s /usr/lib64/libXm.so.4.0.1 /usr/lib64/libXm.so.3

One thing we noticed on my test machine is that after they fix the symolic links FPGA Editor dies with some errors about libstdc++. This can be fixed by installing the libstdc++ compatibility package via the YUM utility:

yum -y install compat-libstdc++-33

With the steps above I was able to get FPGA Editor running.

Since Linux 5.7 came out after 13.2 was released , no testing was done on this variant and since Fpga_editor requires a old libraries, we need to do this symbolic link

0 Kudos