UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor windingyeh
Visitor

Does ISE have a function as the "virtual pin" in QUARTUS?

I used to use quartus, but now an ISE guy

in quartus, there's the so-called  "virtual pin",which is quite useful for IP core design, cuz we don't have to connect the pin of the core to the real pin on the board, but just treated it as a virtual one

and so

i'm wondering whether ISE also has such a kind of thing

thx for anyone help  n_n

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor evgenis1
Advisor

Re: Does ISE have a function as the "virtual pin" in QUARTUS?

There is a Virtual IO (VIO) core that you can connect to the ICON core. Then you can access those virtual pins from the ChipScope.

OutputLogic

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If this is for timing analysis purpose, take a look at "TPSYNC" constraint in the constraint guide (http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/cgd.pdf).

Cheers,

Jim

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Visitor windingyeh
Visitor

not totally for timing consideration.

for example

if there exists an IP CORE with 1000 IOs, that far more than the real PINs the FPGA device has.

so if i'd simulate this CORE, it seems i can't place all of the IOs onto the PINs, so maybe i need

the so called "virtual pin", that just treat the IOs as virtual IO, and they would just place in the DEVICE and not in the PINs

0 Kudos