cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains a core for which bitstream generation is not supported: tutorial_i/zed_hdmi_display/v_cresample_0 (v_cresample Version 4)

Jump to solution

I downloaded an ADV7511 Bare Metal Zedboard HDMI Reference design for Vivado 2014.1 

I am able to run synthesis and Implement, but I get an error during Bitstream generation stage. It seems like  Chroma Resmapler IP module licensing issue.

Here is the error:

Attempting to get a license for feature 'Implementation' and/or device 'xc7z020'
INFO: [Common 17-349] Got license for feature 'Implementation' and/or device 'xc7z020'
INFO: [Common 17-83] Releasing license: Implementation
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains a core for which bitstream generation is not supported:
tutorial_i/zed_hdmi_display/v_cresample_0 (v_cresample Version 4)

I got a 60 day evaluation license from Xilinx and checked the licenses on Vivado for Chroma Re-sampler and it seems recent and matches my Ethernet ID. (Expires March 2018). Why do you think the bitgeneration is failing?

Here are the available Hardware Evaluation  licensed IP in my Vivado 
cresampler.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains a core for which bitstream generation is not supported: tutorial_i/zed_hdmi_display/v_cresample_0 (v_cresample Version 4)

Jump to solution

@aynilian,

Try resetting and regenerating the output products of the IP.

When the IP core is generated, the license information is stored in the netlist file and it stays in the netlist file even after you change the license to something else. 

So you must have generated the netlist with design_linking License and later got HW evaluation license.

Once you regenerate the output products, it takes your current License which is HW Eval License.

For detail information please check the Answer record (AR#58758)

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58758.html

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Common-17-69-Command-failed-This-design-contains-one-or-more/td-p/715558

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains a core for which bitstream generation is not supported: tutorial_i/zed_hdmi_display/v_cresample_0 (v_cresample Version 4)

Jump to solution

@aynilian,

Try resetting and regenerating the output products of the IP.

When the IP core is generated, the license information is stored in the netlist file and it stays in the netlist file even after you change the license to something else. 

So you must have generated the netlist with design_linking License and later got HW evaluation license.

Once you regenerate the output products, it takes your current License which is HW Eval License.

For detail information please check the Answer record (AR#58758)

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58758.html

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Common-17-69-Command-failed-This-design-contains-one-or-more/td-p/715558

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks! That worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@aynilian,

Glad to know it worked. Please close this thread by marking my above post which helped as "Accept as Solution"

--Syed

0 Kudos