UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not supported

Jump to solution

Hi 

I've put the CCM IP into my design, I have taken out a licence for this IP but I still get the following error:

INFO: [Project 1-484] Checkpoint was created with build 1071353
open_checkpoint: Time (s): cpu = 00:00:39 ; elapsed = 00:00:46 . Memory (MB): peak = 1088.809 ; gain = 910.688
Attempting to get a license for feature 'Implementation' and/or device 'xc7z020'
INFO: [Common 17-349] Got license for feature 'Implementation' and/or device 'xc7z020'
INFO: [Common 17-83] Releasing license: Implementation
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not supported:
tutorial_i/zed_hdmi_display/v_ccm_0/U0 (v_ccm__parameterized0)

I've googled this error and see the following fixes:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54660.html

The only problem with this is I'm using 2014.4 for which it should be fixed.

Attached is licence details.

Regards

Peter

LM.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not supported

Jump to solution

This can happen if you generate an IP core with an sim-only license and then purchase or install a hw evaluation or full license but do not regenerate the IP core. 

I see you've got a Hardware Evaluation license for v_ccm feature. Please ensure the license could be successfully checked out when you generated the IP.

I'd suggest that you re-generate the CCM IP in this machine and re-run implementation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not supported

Jump to solution
Hello,

Can you share the output of below mentioned command after typing it in Vivado Tcl console

report_environment -file <directory>\xinfo.txt
Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

file attached

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

This can happen if you generate an IP core with an sim-only license and then purchase or install a hw evaluation or full license but do not regenerate the IP core. 

I see you've got a Hardware Evaluation license for v_ccm feature. Please ensure the license could be successfully checked out when you generated the IP.

I'd suggest that you re-generate the CCM IP in this machine and re-run implementation.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Observer nishantangadi
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Ashish,

Even i am facing same problem like peter, After uploading IP license, i have regenerated IP core, but also same error is showing. What could be the solution for this? 

I have attached the xinfo.txt file.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant Angadi

0 Kudos
Visitor tommysand
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello!

I am using Vivado 2015.2 and I still have the same problem. You mentioned that the problem might persist for lower versions but for 2015.2 as well?

The error that I receive is as follows,

[Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
design_1_i/axi_ethernet_0/U0/eth_mac/U0/tri_mode_ethernet_mac_i/bd_0_eth_mac_0_core (tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v9_0)

I tried ¨Resetting the Output Products¨ in the sources tab in Project Manager window and then generated output products again and then the synthesis and implementation before generating the bitstream.

The license seems to be good as well as I asked the people from my lab and they said the license is good.

Please help me and also know that I am new to Vivado.

Truly yours,

Tom Sandoff

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @tommysand,

Please go through https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58758.html

If the above link does not help, please create a new thread and attach the xinfo and license file issued by Xilinx.

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos