Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

ERROR: [Place 30-68] Instance is not placed

Hi

I got an error on Vivado 2016.3, I'm working on Ultrascale Virtex device

ERROR: [Place 30-68] Instance .../hda_gpio_sdi_stage_in[0] (FDCE) is not placed
Phase 1.1 IO Placement/ Clock Placement/ Build Placer Device | Checksum: 125ac6b3

And the report doesn't give to much information about the reason why can not be placed that instance

On synthesis I do see this instance as an FDC (not FDCE), not sure if that is related

Any clue why vivado can not place this instance?

sdi.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: ERROR: [Place 30-68] Instance is not placed

ok little more info:

I have a constraint 

set_property IOB TRUE [sdi_port]

that sdi_port is an input that goes to the flop FDC in problem.

I have a critical warning related:

[Vivado 12-2285] Cannot set LOC property of instance 'sdi_port_iobuf', for bel IN_FF Site BITSLICE_RX_TX_X1Y152 has conflict between ISERDES CLKDIV pin, OSERDES CLKDIV pin, because the nets on those pins are not the same.
Resolution: When using BEL constraints, ensure the BEL constraints are defined before the LOC constraints to avoid conflicts at a given site.

I imagine that BEL constraint is the IOB TRUE?

will try to change the order of the constraint with respect to the LOC pin constraint

any clue from this new information?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@jcmoctezuma,

Are you using Vivado synthesis? Can you please share the post opt dcp file?

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @syedz,

I send you a private msg in order to upload the *.dcp
I use synopsys synthesis tool
I had a previous model working , so before I had the same clock frequency in the 3 pins of the IOB pin (I, O and T), the change I did basically is I changed the clock frequency of the flop driven by the O pin, son now I and T goes to flops of x freq, and O goes to a flop of y freq. So my guess is that is the issue, however dont understand why?

What is the rule when you put IOB=TRUE?, the tool tries to put all the 3 flops that drives I,O, T pins inside the IOB cell logic?
I noticed that when I put IOB=TRUE property , then the tool put that property to the flops of I, O and T, but sometimes only I and T flops, or sometimes only to I and O flops, so that's why I am asking what is the rule when IOB=TRUE

0 Kudos