UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jcmoctezuma
Observer

ERROR: [Place 30-68] Instance is not placed

Hi

I got an error on Vivado 2016.3, I'm working on Ultrascale Virtex device

ERROR: [Place 30-68] Instance .../hda_gpio_sdi_stage_in[0] (FDCE) is not placed
Phase 1.1 IO Placement/ Clock Placement/ Build Placer Device | Checksum: 125ac6b3

And the report doesn't give to much information about the reason why can not be placed that instance

On synthesis I do see this instance as an FDC (not FDCE), not sure if that is related

Any clue why vivado can not place this instance?

sdi.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Observer jcmoctezuma
Observer

Re: ERROR: [Place 30-68] Instance is not placed

ok little more info:

I have a constraint 

set_property IOB TRUE [sdi_port]

that sdi_port is an input that goes to the flop FDC in problem.

I have a critical warning related:

[Vivado 12-2285] Cannot set LOC property of instance 'sdi_port_iobuf', for bel IN_FF Site BITSLICE_RX_TX_X1Y152 has conflict between ISERDES CLKDIV pin, OSERDES CLKDIV pin, because the nets on those pins are not the same.
Resolution: When using BEL constraints, ensure the BEL constraints are defined before the LOC constraints to avoid conflicts at a given site.

I imagine that BEL constraint is the IOB TRUE?

will try to change the order of the constraint with respect to the LOC pin constraint

any clue from this new information?

0 Kudos

@jcmoctezuma,

Are you using Vivado synthesis? Can you please share the post opt dcp file?

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer jcmoctezuma
Observer

Hi @syedz,

I send you a private msg in order to upload the *.dcp
I use synopsys synthesis tool
I had a previous model working , so before I had the same clock frequency in the 3 pins of the IOB pin (I, O and T), the change I did basically is I changed the clock frequency of the flop driven by the O pin, son now I and T goes to flops of x freq, and O goes to a flop of y freq. So my guess is that is the issue, however dont understand why?

What is the rule when you put IOB=TRUE?, the tool tries to put all the 3 flops that drives I,O, T pins inside the IOB cell logic?
I noticed that when I put IOB=TRUE property , then the tool put that property to the flops of I, O and T, but sometimes only I and T flops, or sometimes only to I and O flops, so that's why I am asking what is the rule when IOB=TRUE

0 Kudos