UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie egbertchen

ERROR:Place:835 - Given the original pre-placement, no legal placements can be found

Jump to solution

Hello everybody!

I've got an error during the mapping phase of a PR Module.

Could anybody explain what this error means and how to avoid this error!

ERROR:Place:835 - Given the original pre-placement, no legal placements can be
   found for 1 group(s). The following is the description of these group(s). The
   relative offsets of the components are shown in brackets next to the
   component names.
        LUTM mapping_wrapper_i_prm_valid_out (0, 0)
        FF mapping_wrapper_i_prm_valid_out (0, 0)
        Empty site required (0, 0)

ERROR:Pack:1654 - The timing-driven packing phase encountered an error.

'mapping_wrapper_i_prm_valid_out' is a simple signal from static through a macro to the PR Module

Thanks in advance for any comments on this problem.

Egbertchen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Newbie egbertchen

Re: ERROR:Place:835 - Given the original pre-placement, no legal placements can be found

Jump to solution

Hi bassman69,

Thanks for your comment. A PR Module is 'Partial Reconfiguration Module' in my design. It is defined with the help of area groups for a specific part (included entity) of the design like an IP Core from Xilinx.

You have to define 'Macros' to connect the PR Module with the static part of the design. I avoid this error when i place the macros near to border of the area of this PR Module. So the placer was able to find a solution for this signal

Egbertchen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: ERROR:Place:835 - Given the original pre-placement, no legal placements can be found

Jump to solution

Dunno what a PR module is, but it obviously includes LOCs that map the logic to specific locations in your target device, and those locations conflict with what the device can support.

-a

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Newbie egbertchen

Jump to solution

Hi bassman69,

Thanks for your comment. A PR Module is 'Partial Reconfiguration Module' in my design. It is defined with the help of area groups for a specific part (included entity) of the design like an IP Core from Xilinx.

You have to define 'Macros' to connect the PR Module with the static part of the design. I avoid this error when i place the macros near to border of the area of this PR Module. So the placer was able to find a solution for this signal

Egbertchen

0 Kudos