UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when running implementation from exported project

Jump to solution

I have created a project which works without any problems. Now I want to move it into a version control repository. For that I exported the project and the board design as a tcl script an added following lines to the project-tcl

source $origin_dir/design.tcl

set design_name [get_bd_designs]
make_wrapper -files [get_files $design_name.bd] -top -import

When I run the Implementation I get a Place 30-415 Error (IO Placement failed due to overutilization). The pinmapping is done by a constraint file.

Can anybody help me to fix this problem? Or is there any other workflow to put the project into version control?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error when running implementation from exported project

Jump to solution

Thanks @rshekhaw  for your advice. With this change I was able to run the implementation step, but I was not able to create the bitstream.

I solved my issue with adding the wrapper-file to the project with the following lines. Then everything worked fine.

add_files -norecurse "$origin_dir/../$project_name/$project_name.srcs/sources_1/bd/toplevel/hdl/toplevel_wrapper.vhd"
set_property top toplevel_wrapper [current_fileset]

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ainger.florian ,

Please check this AR# link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58992.html

Thanks,

Raj

Jump to solution

Thanks @rshekhaw  for your advice. With this change I was able to run the implementation step, but I was not able to create the bitstream.

I solved my issue with adding the wrapper-file to the project with the following lines. Then everything worked fine.

add_files -norecurse "$origin_dir/../$project_name/$project_name.srcs/sources_1/bd/toplevel/hdl/toplevel_wrapper.vhd"
set_property top toplevel_wrapper [current_fileset]

View solution in original post