Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

GPIO register Reset microblaze

Hi, 

I am using axi GPIO 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_gpio/v2_0/pg144-axi-gpio.pdf

in a microblaze design(see attachment) which gets value from spi but the value sent by SPI always remain in GPIO register.

I would like to reset the the value of register in GPIO after functionality(some work) has been done.

the addresses for GPIO assigned by microblaze is 0x40000000 and 0x40010000 (see attchment).

In documentation it is mentioned that s_axi_aresetn pin must be high for this purpose.

I don't know how to assign that as this pin is already in microblaze connected.

Is this will be right:

Xil_Out32(0x40000000 , 0x00000000);

Is there any way to write something from microblaze using S_AXI of GPIO (with corresponding address) for this purpose?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: GPIO register Reset microblaze

Hi @fpgalearner,

I don't understand what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to control aresten? Or just read/write from/to the GPIO IP?

Could you clarify what your issue is?

Thanks,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: GPIO register Reset microblaze

Hi,

In documentation it is mentioned that s_axi_aresetn pin must be high for this purpose.

It is not standard practice to use dedicated/allocated reset signals (in your case  s_axi_aresetn) to reset some register values.

I would like to reset the the value of register in GPIO after functionality(some work) has been done

In that case why don't you just write 0s to that register.

Is there any way to write something from microblaze using S_AXI of GPIO (with corresponding address) for this purpose?

If you know the addresses of those registers, then just instruct the uBlaze to initiate an AXI write transaction for that register and write 0s to it.

Hope I have understood you problem correctly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos