UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor messikou
Visitor

Got a problem on generate edif file

Jump to solution

Hello , i am working on a project that try to pack my own code into a edif file. I try to use this edif fie in another project ,but get the " [DRC INBB-3] Black Box Instances: Cell 'dde_inst/u0/u0/u2/U0/i_mult' of type 'mult_gen_v12_0_13_viv__4' has undefined contents and is considered a black box. The contents of this cell must be defined for opt_design to complete successfully" error.

my ip uses some xinlinx ip ,so i get one edif and many edn ifles. 

I use the "write_edif -force myip.edif" command to generate the edif file .

I used to make this work on another project where i gernerate other edif files.

I checked the differences between these two projects. it seems that in the project that this method working fine ,after i import those edif file and edn ifles , the edn files  showed as referenced in the libraries view.

but in the project that not woking ,the edn fiels showed as unreferenced.1.PNGthe project tha edif not workong22.PNGthe project that the edif works fine

it seems like  my top edif file has some problems, how would i solve this problem ,pelese help,thank you .

i have tried the sythesis option of "-mode out_of_context"  and  defult ,none of these work……

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Got a problem on generate edif file

Jump to solution

Hi @messikou ,

Do you have further queries on this? If not, please close this thread by marking it as accepted solution. 

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @messikou,

In many cases, the unreferenced status may be due to a syntax error in the HDL code that prevents the hierarchy from being parsed and displayed as expected.

Please check this AR# link, might be helpful:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/46901.html

Regards,

Raj

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @messikou ,

Do you have further queries on this? If not, please close this thread by marking it as accepted solution. 

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos