UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

How can I get basic ucf of Xilinx ?

Highlighted
Visitor

How can I get basic ucf of Xilinx ?

Hi.

I'm trying to implement to the Xilinx XC7K480T-2FFG901I.

But I want to know how can I get the  basic Xilinx XC7K480T UCF?

Xilinx Employee

Re: How can I get basic ucf of Xilinx ?

In Vivado, it is the xdc file for constraints (UCF was used with ISE, which is no longer used with devices in 7 series and newer),

Constraints are device, design, printed circuit board, specific,  There is no set of constraints for a given device (part-package).

There are board files for various boards available, which may serve as a source for your design.  For example for the Virtex-7 XC7VX485T-2FFG1761C:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/ek-v7-vc707-g.html#documentation

I see no readily available boards for the  XC7K480T-2FFG901I device....

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose

Re: How can I get basic ucf of Xilinx ?

Hi @sylee119,

UCF is not supported in Vivado, only XDC is.

There is a Migration Guide UG911 which is available to ease the changeover:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug911-vivado-migration.pdf

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------