UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor cschafft
Visitor

How to create our own IP Core or reusable netlist?

Hello,

I'm currently working on some VHDL projects and it seems interesting for us to generate reusable netlist.

Unfortunately I didn't found the information to generate these files from Xilinx ISE 10.1.

I need to create  *.ngc  and *.xco files and then to re-import them into other projects.

Does someone know the way to generate such files?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Cedric

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to create our own IP Core or reusable netlist?

Hi,

If you want to create  a netlist of a module then you need to create a new ISE project with that particular module as top module and XST to create the netlist (.ngc) file, when you are doing so make sure that the XST option "ADD I/O BUFFERS" is disabled. You can as well run XST in command line, if you don't want to create a separate project.

But you won't be able to generate the xco file, however, if you create a hdl wrapper to the netlist and the wrapper to your main project. The tools should be able to read the netlist.

you should also make sure that the XST option "core search directory" and Translate option "Macro search path" are set, for the tool to read the netlists form that directory.

-PK 

Thanks,
-PK
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I instantiate some componentes created by CoreGen in my module and create a .ngc from it to be reused in other project?

thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi, I am in need to use the netlist (.ngc ) file to import my hardware logic as a black box or peripheral in XPS. However when i try to import, it doesnt allow me to select just the netlist files. HDL is also selected. And if i continue further, I am asked to use .prj file to import dependent files, but then i get an error message which says "syntax error found in XST: Path Please modify your project file to match the correct syntax". I check my file and it looks ok. What is wrong? Cant i import just the ngc file and use it as a black box peripheral in XPS? Please let me know
0 Kudos

BTW, I am using Xilinx Design Suite 12.2
0 Kudos