cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarios86
Contributor
Contributor

How to define exta option in each implementation step?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm using vivado 2018.2 to synthesize my hardware, but I get the following error:

CRITICAL WARNING: [Route 35-346] Failed to resolve congestion for global clock net TwoNullhop_Accelerator_mpsoc_i/zynq_ultra_ps_e_0/inst/pl_clk0 on dedicated clock network
Resolution: Please rerun placement with the following parameter to limit the number of global clock connections allowed per half-column: set_param place.maxNumClocksInHalfColumn 12

I have tried to insert that parameter in vivado GUI, in the more option textbox of place_design step, in different ways but the process fails. Even I have insert that command in a tcl script and add the script in the tcl.pre place_design option. Any of that attempts didn't work.

Please, could you help me how can I insert more options for each implementation steps in vivado gui?

Thanks in advance,
Antonio

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
syedz

@jarios86 

Try adding the command in TCL file and source the TCL file from place_design tcl.pre as shown below: 

image.png

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
syedz

@jarios86 

Try adding the command in TCL file and source the TCL file from place_design tcl.pre as shown below: 

image.png

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jarios86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @syedz,

Thank you for your response. I have already tested what you propose but it doesn't work, when the place step runs vivado complains about the command that is in the script and fails. So I don't know how each step of the implementation can be parametrized properly using the vivado gui.

Any other solution?

Antonio

0 Kudos
syedz

@jarios86 

Whats the error message you are seeing? I just tried it on small design and I see the tool executes the TCL which has the param:

Snippet from implementation log file:

source C:/webcases/DE/project_14/test.tcl
Command: place_design
Attempting to get a license for feature 'Implementation' and/or device 'xcku035'

--Syed

0 Kudos
jarios86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Syed!!

Sorry for the delay in response. There was something wrong with my .tcl script. After fix the error the implementation worked fine.

Thank you for your time.

Antonio

0 Kudos