UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

How to make communication between KINTEX series board and Cyclone V board based on Trigger signal From Altera Cyclone V board?

Highlighted
Explorer

How to make communication between KINTEX series board and Cyclone V board based on Trigger signal From Altera Cyclone V board?

I am trying to make communication between the Altera Cyclone V board and KINTEX custom board [Part Number :XC7k160tffg676-2]

The steps i am follwing as below
   1. Trigger logic in Altera Quartus
        Verilog Code

module Trigger(
    input clk,
    output reg trig
    );
     always@(posedge clk)
     begin
     trig=clk;
     end
     endmodule

2.  Based on Trigger, Counter should start [Vivado Design], in clk_in1 i am applying the trigger from Altera board.

In vivado, I am getting an Error. I am unable to generate bitstream. Please find the attachment

Error.JPG

Observer

Re: How to make communication between KINTEX series board and Cyclone V board based on Trigger signal From Altera Cyclone V board?

@thaus_015,

The answer is there is the error message itself.

You change your constraint file and add the CLOCK-DEDICATED-ROUTE constraint.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Virtex-Family-FPGAs/Is-it-safe-to-set-CLOCK-DEDICATED-ROUTE-FALSE-in-some-cases/td-p/697472

Voyager

Re: How to make communication between KINTEX series board and Cyclone V board based on Trigger signal From Altera Cyclone V board?

Or move the signal to a global clock capable pin.

Explorer

Thanks for your response.

I have tried by adding

set_property CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE FALSE [get_nets clk_in1_IBUF], but even its throwing error.

Anyother suggestion.

[ Edited ]

@thaus_015,

Can you share the post opt dcp? Also which device are you using?

Check if you are using clock capable pin for IO port clk_in1? I suspect it is not a clock capable pin.

If the port cannot be changed then as stated in error message, CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE should help.

If it is a Clock capable pin then check the Global buffers connected to this port are available in the same clock region.

Try locking the Global buffer to same clock region using CLOCK_REGION or LOC constraint. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_1/ug912-vivado-properties.pdf 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------