UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie irun2

How to prevent the mapper to remove logics?

Jump to solution

My design has some delay cells building up with several BUF primitives. At the end of every instance line I've put (*KEEP = "TRUE" *), and synthesis report shows:

Set user-defined property "KEEP =  TRUE" for instance <dly_loop[0].buf_gen> in unit <delay>.

This makes me believe the KEEP attribute has take effect...

But in the implementation stage, *mapper* considered the BUFs are redundant and removed them all. I've tried almost every option in the map properties, the result is the same.

Section 5 - Removed Logic
-------------------------

Redundant Block(s):
TYPE 		BLOCK
LUT1 		dly7/buf_head
LUT1 		dly7/dly_loop[0].buf_gen

Is there any way to prevent the tool doing so?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to prevent the mapper to remove logics?

Jump to solution
Hi,

Please try the save attribute to prevent any ent from getting trimmed during implementation. Refer to page no 245 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_2/cgd.pdf .

The attribute keep is syntheis only attribute hence it doesn't have any impact during implementation.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Please try the save attribute to prevent any ent from getting trimmed during implementation. Refer to page no 245 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_2/cgd.pdf .

The attribute keep is syntheis only attribute hence it doesn't have any impact during implementation.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Newbie irun2

Jump to solution
It works, thanks a lot!
0 Kudos