UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor khyu
Visitor

How to reduce the delay to output I/O

Jump to solution

Hi 

Delay between the DFF to output I/O is 9.122 , it is too large.

How can I reduce the delay in the implementation?

Thank you

Delay Type                         Incr (ns)    Path (ns)       Location                         Chip     Netlist Resource(s)
FDCE (Prop_fdce_C_Q) (r) 0.269        6.794            Site: SLICE_X402Y73   SLR0 u_coreb033/u_usbtop/u_DWC_usb3/U_DWC_usb3_npi_noclkrst/U_DWC_usb3_npi_pwrm/instport[0].U_DWC_usb3_pwrm_prt/U_DWC_usb3_pwrm_u3piu/phy_pipe3_tx_stage2_reg[29]/Q
net (fo=2, routed)                 9.122        15.917                                                               ext_u3phychip_pipe3_out_OBUF[24]
OBUF (Prop_obuf_I_O)  (r) 2.246        18.162           Site: AR12                     SLR0    ext_u3phychip_pipe3_out_OBUF[24]_inst/O
net (fo=0)                              0.000       18.162                                                                ext_u3phychip_pipe3_out[24]
                                                                                   Site: AR12 SLR0                          ext_u3phychip_pipe3_out[24]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: How to reduce the delay to output I/O

Jump to solution
The quickest to output signal is to use the IOB registers,

Depending upon the tool your using, IOB=TRUE is the sort of constraint your looking for
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mentor xilinxacct
Mentor

Jump to solution

@khyu

Have you already applied path constraints? (One trick I have found, is that when you apply the path constraint, don't be greedy. e.g. ask for just something better (e.g. 1 ns) rather than the full amount needed. Sometimes that is enough to allow a timing closure and sometimes get 'more' than what you need.)

If your design uses LUTs, you 'may' get some benefit of setting the -no_lc flag in the synthesis section. (This may use a few more LUTs, but may improve the routing)

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution
The quickest to output signal is to use the IOB registers,

Depending upon the tool your using, IOB=TRUE is the sort of constraint your looking for
0 Kudos
Visitor khyu
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi  drjohsmith :

I set IOB property.

set_property IOB "true" [get_cells u_coreb033/u_usbtop/u_DWC_usb3/U_DWC_usb3_npi_noclkrst/U_DWC_usb3_npi_pwrm/instport[0].U_DWC_usb3_pwrm_prt/U_DWC_usb3_pwrm_u3piu/phy_pipe3_tx_stage2_reg*]

But I got the warning message.

How can I clean this warning issue

WARNING: [Shape Builder 18-132] Instance u_coreb033/u_usbtop/u_DWC_usb3/U_DWC_usb3_npi_noclkrst/U_DWC_usb3_npi_pwrm/instport[0].U_DWC_usb3_pwrm_prt/U_DWC_usb3_pwrm_u3piu/phy_pipe3_tx_stage2_reg[10] has IOB = TRUE property, but it cannot be placed in an OLOGIC site. Instance u_coreb033/u_usbtop/u_DWC_usb3/U_DWC_usb3_npi_noclkrst/U_DWC_usb3_npi_pwrm/instport[0].U_DWC_usb3_pwrm_prt/U_DWC_usb3_pwrm_u3piu/phy_pipe3_tx_stage2_reg[10] cannot be placed in site OLOGIC_X0Y0 because the output signal of the instance requires general routing to fabric. But the instance can only be routed to delay or I/O site.
. [/home/ittmp1/khyu/fpga/aab033_khyu/VIVADO_FPGA16_t/aab033/constrain/aab033_timing.xdc:123]

0 Kudos
Visitor khyu
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi :

My clock is 125Mhz period is 8ns . and output delay is 3ns.

Output signal is register output but the delay between register and I/O is too long 9ns.

So Output delay constrain fail

0 Kudos
Visitor khyu
Visitor

Jump to solution

I know the cause the WARNING: [Shape Builder 18-132] .

Please refer to 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66668.html

To ensure a register can be successfully be packed into an IOB, make sure that there is only one logical connection between the top-level port and the FF to be packed into the IOB.

After I remove the other loading of output FF .  The output FF can be packed into IOB.