UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor kar-bm
Visitor

IO BUFFER ERROR

As I created code through HDL Coder of MATLAB Simulink,after creating the program I'M getting "Unconnected IO buffer" error in VIVADO during Implementation stage.IMG-20191116-WA0012 (2).jpegThis was the io error i was getting.Kindly suggest me the solution for this problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Teacher drjohnsmith
Teacher

Re: IO BUFFER ERROR

what its saying is a pin you have defined as an output has nothing driving it or has no pin assigned to it in the XDC constraints file. 

there are many reasons for this, mainly to do with your code or constraints,

The first answer is to simulate the HDL desing in vivado , then you can trace back what is menat to be driving that signal, 

also check that this signal is in your constraints if you want to use it. 

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kar-bm ,

From the error it seems like tool did not insert IBUF/OBUF for the 5 ports mentioned in the error. Are you running synthesis in OOC ? You can tell the tool to use IBUF or OBUF for the top level ports by using IO_BUFFER_TYPE property (refer to UG912). From the name of the ports I guess those are output ports. Insert following constraint in your xdc file :-

set_property IO_BUFFER_TYPE OBUF [get_ports Out1]  

similary for remaining 4 ports. Run synthesis and implementation again and see if it resolves the issue.

~Chinmay

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kar-bm 

Did the earlier response help? If not, can you attach the synthesis and implementation logs for that result in the error? This would help in identifying the problem. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos